The greatest gift you can give yourself or others is peace of mind… and with the latest medical ID bracelets from American Medical ID, peace of mind never looked so good!
Who should wear a medical ID?
If you have ongoing medical conditions, drug or food allergies, or are taking multiple medicines, you should wear a medical ID alert – we offer medical bracelets for women and medical bracelets for men alike. An engraved medical ID bracelet or necklace presenting a concise overview of your conditions, allergies and medicines will alert a doctor or medic before starting treatment. Informing medical personnel about your unique medical conditions and needs will greatly aid pre-hospital care.
|Below is a partial list of ailments or persons who should wear a medical ID:|
Heart disease (angina, atrial fibrillation, pacemakers)
Blood thinners/anticoagulants (Coumadin/Warfarin)
Drug allergies (such as Penicillin)
Food allergies (such as peanut)
Insect allergies (such as bee stings)
Bariatric surgery patients
Clinical trial patients
|Hearing, sight or mentally impaired
Mental health patients
People taking multiple medications
Special needs children
Surgery, transplant or cancer patients
Why are medical IDs critical?
Perhaps your doctor, nurse or pharmacist advised you to obtain and always wear a medical ID. Why is it important?
- In an emergency, when you might not be able to speak for yourself, a medical ID bracelet or necklace speaks for you.
- Symptoms of common ailments can easily be misdiagnosed. Prompt diagnosis is critical to effective treatment. A brief description of vital medical facts engraved on your medical ID ensures appropriate and timely medical care.
- According to a published study, half of all medical errors occur because of mistakes made upon admission or discharge from the hospital.Wearing a medical ID protects against potentially harmful medical errors.
- More than 95 percent of emergency responders look for a medical ID; more than 75 percent check for a medical ID immediately upon assessing the patient. If you`re wearing a medical ID, it won`t be missed.
- Medical IDs can eliminate trips to the hospital, reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and prevent minor emergencies from becoming major ones. Medical IDs save lives! One day, a medical ID may save you.